How to be More Productive While Working at Home
Due the pandemic Covid-19, mostly I am working at home. Of course it's not easy at the beginning. Sometimes I feel I am not as productive as I am working in an office. I feel difficult to focus on my work. After reading some article in the internet and watching some video in YouTube, I found some 5 tips that helps me to be more productive and maybe it also useful for you.
Make daily to do list
I used to make daily to do list when I work at the office. This habit helps me a lot to make me focus when I am working at home. The key is do important task first because the important one needs fresh mind to finish it.
Give your self-space to organized
Create space to make evaluation for your weeks. I used to do this on Saturday, I usually take one hour for review what I have done in one week and make a new plan for next one week. This action will help you more organize for a whole week.
Keep things out from your head
Take a note for everything that inside your head. Don’t
trust your short-term memory. You better takes a note or you will forget all things
that you should done or a good idea that sometimes pop up in your mind. It will clear your mind.
Put your phone away
The biggest distraction for me is my hand phone. I feel I just
scroll my Instagram like 15 minutes but at the end of scrolling I already use more
than 1 hour of my time. So I prefer to put my hand phone little bit far from my reach. But how about if I have to communicate with team, I prefer to use web app like Whats app web, Microsoft teams, or other that i can connect it with my laptop.
Batch your task
I think our brain needs some time to switch from one task to other task which have a different method. So it will be more effective if can set similar task in one batch, finish it and then move to next batch of job. Based on similarity, you could have batch answer email, batch reading, batch analysis, batch writing and other batch of task that you could customize it according to what kind of Job you do.
-||-||-
Tuesday Tips

Comments
Post a Comment